Friday, January 11, 2008

Loosing Focus

This has been a long stressful week and it has caused me to lost my focus, my excitement, my enthusiasium. I know I have lots to get done but I don't want to do it. My shoulders hurt and I want to go to bed. I don't want to go out and sale Girl Scout cookies, I don't want to go purchase things for Sunday School, and I don't want to plan more activities - girl scout or church. I just want to be. That is me today: flustrated and unfocused.

One of my dearest and best friends called me this morning and she was soooo excited. She has been gone all week at a conference and she is fired up about what she learned and wants to spread the word. (Which I'm very glad for and support her 100%) I just am not excited to hear it. Not that it is her or the subject, it's just me. I don't like being this way because I support her work and her enthusiasium, I just wish I had it too. She wanted to get together this afternoon and normally if she has been gone as much as she has I'm right there. Drop everthing, reschedule, There. But today when she ask, I just couldn't and it has been eating at me since I got off the phone. I'm not a put my friends at arms length type person. I'm the hug, high fives, support beyond any cost type. This mood has got to go.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think saying no and going to bed is a perfectly acceptable thing to do. A little rest is always good.