Monday, June 04, 2007

The Weekend

The weekend started off Friday evening with a birthday party for one of my dearest friend's son. Cordell turns 7 later this month, but to have friends from school come they had it Friday night. It was a great evening of laughing and joking and talking with friends.


Saturday was a buzy day. My 3rd grade brownies bridged up into juniors. It is a truely awesome occasion. Emily, my oldest, is now a junior. This also marks a land mark for me because now I'm a junior scout leader and there are a lot more badges which require a lot more work.

We had it at the city park but had to use Plan B for the location because you can't reserve the pavilions and a lady had gotten there at 7:00 am to get the pavilion for her family reunion at 10:00 am. That's okay because we are Girl Scouts and we come prepared. I called parents and had them bring lawn chairs, sent Marty to borrow some from friends, I already had tables and Cheri called Mike for more tables and we just set up our own location next the bridge. I think it was actually better because the girls were closer to the parents this way and could be heard better. We had our Court of Awards first, which is where we give activity patches and badges earned to the girls, then we bridged the 3rd graders. I was very pleased with how it turned out.

Next we were off to the house to unload, change clothes, and water the Butterfly Memorial Garden before heading to Kristi's house for her girls' birthday party. That was lot of fun, about 10 girls, 2 boys and a Karaoke machine. How relaxing!! Hee Hee. It really was a lot of fun.

Then us adult girls took Tammie out for her birthday. Enough said. This we must do more often.

Sunday was the sad part of the weekend. Kristi's little sister, Sandi, lost her battle with cancer and has gone home now to be with our gracious Lord. Kristi was able to make it see her sister before she passed away but it is still hard to let go of someone so special. It makes me realize how much my own blood sisters mean to me, as do my christian sisters. I have been blessed with so much and this only makes me remember that more. Thank you God for the lesson you have given me through this experience.

(I will post pictures when I get a chance.)

No comments: