Saturday, June 23, 2007

Hiking and A Wedding

This morning we got up early and headed to Pinnacle Mountain. It was a lovely morning to go climb a mountain. We started up the mountain at 7:34 am and reached the top at 8:15 am. We relaxed on the rocks and enjoyed the view and breeze then we headed back down at 8:30 am. We reached the bottom at 9:06 am. 41 mins up and 36 mins down. We would have been up it quicker if we had let Erin set the pace. She was one mission this morning and had the most energy.

After we came down, we headed home for showers so I could run the girls to their hair appointment at 11:00 am. The girls were flowergirls in the Merritt/Thornton wedding at 4:00 pm and we had their hair done along with the bride and her bridesmaids. The girls were really loving being with the bride, Lindsey, and her bridesmaids, because it really made them feel like big girls. They couldn't stop talking to anyone that would listen and hugging anyone that would let them.
Their hair looked fabulous, thanks to Spring at the Taj salon. The only problem was when we went to leave a thunderstorm had blown in and so the girls had to put garbage bags over their heads to get to the car. Again, thanks to Spring for helping get the girls out to the car. No problem, the hair was not damaged. I've never seen my girls work so hard at keeping their hair fixed.

We headed home so I could dress for the wedding then off to Conway for the before wedding pictures. We got there and got the girls in their dresses and they were ready to go. See the photo below to see how my "babies" have grown. Daddy and Mommy were all choked up about how quickly it will be their wedding.
The girls did fabulous with their part and helped make this a fabulous wedding. Lindsey and John had a beautiful wedding and we were blessed to be a part of it. We wish them a long life together full of happiness and love. Though I don't feel right about asking newly weds to babysit anymore. I've lost my babysitter!!! Oh well. I will be adding a link to Crystal Goss's site when the wedding pictures are available to view. I know I will be buying some of those.
All in all it was a GREAT day.

No comments: