Saturday, February 09, 2008

Go 88

If you're wondering why my page is presently black and white, well that is the color of the checked flag and race season is back. I love watching cars go around and the faster the better. My lucky number is 8 which up until last year was also my favorite drivers number. It is still my lucky number but 88 is my race number now. Marty doesn't have a favorite driver, which is good because we don't get cross that way. He just roots for certain guys to not win and the guys he doesn't like I also don't like so it's good.

I'll have to see if I can make a checker flag for my banner.

I love the engineering of racing. It takes so much engineering to get a car to go around the different tracks and win week after week or almost week after week. Each track is unique and requires different technology.

In other news for today - I'm ready for winter to be done.

Today it was close to 70 degrees. So Marty and I loaded the bikes in the truck and to the girls down to the river trail for a ride. We started at the NLR Alltel Arena end this time instead of in the middle at Burns Park like we normally do. Marty and I had done that trail but not with the girls. We got started and decided that twe would just see how far the girls wanted to go. The NLR side is about 7 miles from Alltel to the Big Dam bridge. We made it to boat ramp by the Burns Park golf course which is about 4.5 miles and then we turned around and went back for a total of 9 miles.

Marty and I hadn't had enough yet so we left there and went down to the county farm trail and did another 3 miles round trip out to the peninsula that you can see from I-440 looking toward Penicle Mountain. This is a flat ride and doesn't take as much effort. It was a great ride. Though I'm going to pay for it tomorrow. My knees are screaming at me now. I hurt them growning up and now it doesn't take much. I pray that as I get older that I will not hurt them to the point that I can't do what I love to do - hike, bike and camp.

I haven't gotten to down load my pictures from today yet but I will get them on line as soon as I can.

No comments: