Friday, February 08, 2008

Denver for a Week & a new job

I can't believe I haven't written since Jan 17. I guess I've been a little bit busier then I thought. I have been in Denver since Sunday and am just now getting a chance to blog about it.

Okay, my first time in Denver is very uneventful. I flew out Sunday and arrived around 4:00 pm. I didn't have a rental car so was kind of stuck at the hotel. I am not a very experienced traveler and not a very adventureous person on my own, so I basicly went to my room, went to dinner across the street and then back to my room. Monday through Thursday was class from 7:00 am until 5:00 pm each day and again being the safe, cautious and boring person that I am I didn't miss any of my classes. I did miss one yesterday, but I was trying to change my flight for today for the earlier one. I had originally wanted all day today to explore and make the most of my trip but did I say yet that I'm rather cautious and unadventerous when alone? Well I didn't want to try to get around by myself and I didn't know what to do with my luggage and I didn't have transportation.

I really wanted to see the mountains up close and personal but I guess I will have to do that another time. I'm pretty sure if I was not married I would rarely adventure away from my house because I'm just too cautious. Now you wouldn't know this if you really knew me because when I'm with a group a friends, I'm always the one that takes the dare. I've just got to try it and if my friends are standing there encouraging, well, you just never know what I might do. Alone me is a complete different person.

I did get to see a really neat snow fall. I will have to upload photos later because they are giving me errors at the moment.

The other news is my new job. I am, as of Feb 3, 2008, the State Irrigation Engineer for NRCS in Arkansas. My official office is now Little Rock though I will be working on the same projects that I've been working on since 1996. Thus the reason why I am actually in Denver, an irrigation conference. I have been learning how irrigation is done in the western states so that I can have a better understanding when I communicate about my job. I'm excited, scared and overwhelmed but I can do it. It will require more responsibility but my boss seems to have confidence in me and that is good.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Congrats on the new job! Let's hope you get sent to Japan for some work, then you'll have someone to show you around.
Tag!
Come see me and let's hear it!
Hugs!