Tuesday, October 30, 2007

4-H Camp

Well, my baby is growing up.

Today the 4th graders head to 4-H camp for an overnight learning experience. Since I'm the girl scout leader and the children's minister, I always go with my girls on their trips but this is a no parent trip and it's weird being on this end of it. This trip is the highlight of the 4th grade. All the kids in all the low grades talk about getting to go when they are in 4th grade and Em has been looking forward to it.

We packed her bag last night and I called her dad on my way to work just to double check that she had everything before they left for day care. (Marty takes them because I'm already gone.) The 4-H center is a really cool place though. It was built back when I was actually in 4-H in the early 80's. I was one of the first 4-H kids to actually "camp" there. It's more like a hotel then camp though because they have dorm rooms not cabins or tents to sleep in. It is a beautiful facility that has a large lake, swimming pool, tennis courts, ropes course and many other activities. I actually went on my Emmaus walk there. They are suppose to do some canoeing and the ropes course and several other enjoyable activities. I'm very excited for her but will miss her tonight. It is so weird to not be going.

Lord, watch over my baby and keep her safe.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh... I will make sure Alexis does not know about this... she was so sad she was going to miss this trip and the Space Camp trip!
She'll be fine, and more than anything, you'll be fine!

Tiffany said...

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!


Go on my blog and fill out the questions!

HUGS! I miss you!