Sunday, November 11, 2007

Memphis Zoo Snooze

Have you ever spent the night in the Zoo? We have. Our troop went over to Memphis Saturday afternoon and spent the night learning different thing about animals. We were given personal visits with a hen named Kellogg, an iguana named Indy, a rat named Louise, an American Thestral named Nina and yest a ball python named Monty. If you know me at all then you know there is no love connection between me and snakes and usually I'm not in the same county (if I can manage it) much less the same room where one is not behind glass but actually being touched by girls that are in my care. Well, I made a deal with my girls that if every single one of them (23 in all) and every single parent that accompanied us (9) would touch Monty, then I would also. I just knew I would have at least one person hold out. Well as you can see from the below picture, I was betrayed. I had to touch a snake. No it did not feel like I thought it one and no I do not have plans to do that again. I did it for my girls and my girls only. No one can say that I transferred my fears to my children.

The next morning we were served a light breakfast and then lead on a personal tour before the zoo opened to the public. This is an awesome experience and one I never forget.


No comments: