Thursday, April 26, 2007

Busy Weekend

The busy weekend is about to begin.

There are two activities going on this weekend. The first is Noahs of Ark Men's Walk #127 - Walk to Emmaus. I know four men that are going and my prayers are with each of them. This is a spiritual retreat for older Christians who have read the Bible (not absolutely every word but get the just of it) and want to deepen their relationship with Christ. I took my walk in Sept/Oct of 2005 and it was the best experience religious experience of my life. I've never felt God's love so warmly and completely before.

I pray for each of these men as they embark on this journey to learn what God has for them to discover. One of these men, is entrusting me this weekend with his step-daughter so it will be easy to keep him in my foremost thoughts.

Thus the second activity of this weekend - Juliette Low Service Unit Girl Scout camp weekend. It starts tomorrow at 5:30 pm. Well at least it does for the girls. It started for me somewhere back in January or before. I know that it will be a wonderful weekend for all, but I'm already tired before we even get started. Please pray that the Lord will watch over each of these girls these weekend and let them have an open mind to learn what each activity director or staff member has to teach them. We will be learning orienteering (taught by me), ecology (taught by my mother-in-law), sports and health (taught by my co-leader, Cheri), knots (taught by a brownie leader) and first aid and safety (taught by another brownie leader).

The girls will get to make smores, sing campfire songs, go on hikes and just hang out. Did I already say I'm tired. Just thinking of all of that makes me tired.

Well, I should have some really good pictures Sunday evening, so you will have to check back.

DeColores Ron, Russ, Jeff and Scott. My prayer time is 6:00 am Friday morning. God bless your wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Okay... honestly I read that "One of them is entrusting his stepdaughter to me" and I thought... "Who is that? Scott doesn't have a stepdaughter, neither does Ron or Jeff..."

DUH~ It's my husband...