Sunday, June 14, 2015

Arkansas Governor School = Opportunity to become more



Today we took and dropped Emily off at Arkansas Governor School.  This is such an exciting time in her life with so many changes beginning here.  She gets to experience college life with out all the freshman pressures. Instead she will have the opportunity to meet 400 bright students from around the state while exploring new avenues of communication, political and social views, and critical thinking.  She gets to see what living with roommate and community showers are like and to explore an amazing college campus.  

I am having a hard time putting into words my excitement for her and her friends.  On the day of her birth, I prayed for nothing but the best for her.  I prayed that she would take every opportunity and do anything she set her mind on.  All she does makes me smile with such pride because she is such an amazing well balanced, open minded, cool headed, loving young woman.  She makes me laugh and yes she even causes me to loose my cool in frustration at times.

This is going to be an exciting and amazing next 6 months leading to the next 5 years.  Thank you God for letting me be her mom.



Packed with her list in hand.

For when she needs her space!!!!!

Relaxing in her spot.

Total clowns


No comments: