Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Technology Challenged

Okay, must of you wouldn't think that I'm technology challenged but I'm. I love blogging and reading other's blog pages. This is how I know what my wonderful friend Tiffany is up to in Japan and that my friend Laura just had a baby boy. I love myspace and facebook, though I am completely challenged trying to make it look the way I want it to. However, I see things that other do and I want to be able to do it too. Like putting video online. So dug out our old RCA camcorder that we purchased just before Emily was born so that I could "record" ever aspect of her life. Yeah, right! I had to remember how to use the thing but was able to make some recordings. Okay that wasn't so bad, but know I have to figure out if I can get this old technology camcorder, which well before usb ports, connected to my computer. Well I asked my technology expert friend and of course she knew exactly what I needed. So for Mother's day, I got a dazzle converter. After several attempts, I managed to get the software loaded correctly and the recorder connected to the computer. I was even able to make a small move clip. GREAT! I can do this.

Well, here's were it goes wrong. Last night was Emily's last elementary school musical and I was all excited because I was going to record it and post it on my blog. Alexis could see Emily way over in Japan. Yeah, that didn't happen. I went to make sure that I had the tape in the right spot because I didn't remember if I had after I had learned to download. Well, the recorder ate the tape. Okay no biggy there because I had nothing of importance on there really because it was a new tape we had purchase when I dusted the thing off and had only recorded some none important things. So, I fix the tape and tried making it play. No dice. No video is on that tape now. Okay, so I try recording. No dice. Flashes "Tape" at me and locks up. Okay, try another brand new tape. No dice. Press record, it starts, then it hangs up and flashes "Tape" at me. Get it froze and it will rewind or fast forward or play but try to record an "Tape", "Tape", "Tape". Okay, I get it.

So instead of me blogging and showing you my first video of my "baby girl" just before she leaves behind elementary school and enters the world of middle school, I'm blogging about crappy technology. Sorry, but you missed a GREAT musical. Oh and you'll also get to miss her second piano recital, because it is Thursday night and I just don't see me getting over this technical hurdle that quick.