Friday, April 25, 2008

I love Spring

Last Saturday was a beautiful spring day. The scouts had a planned butterfly garden work day and so we were up and out of the house working in the garden by 9:00 am. I just love doing that. It is hard work pulling weeds and digging holes and watering routinely but the garden is so beautiful and smells so sweet.

I enjoyed it so much that after we were done up there at noon, I came home in ripped out my front flower bed. Though you really can't call it a flower bed because the only flower in there is a rose bush that I keep trying to kill (it isn't something I want to spend time up keeping) and the gardenia bush that I planted two years ago that has not bloomed yet. I want to expand my bed to 8 feet by the length of the house south from the front door and then I want to create a bed that goes north that you would walk through to go to the garage. I want to also put one there along the side of the garage. The plans are all in my head but I'll try to take some time and draw then out so you can see. I'll also take some pictures this weekend of what it looks like now. Crap would be the word I would describe it as now.



Since I've got this project in mind, that is what I told the girls I wanted for my birthday. Flowers for the flower beds. I want to see butterflies and hummingbirds and birds all around my yard. I've always loved flowers and having gardens. My grandmother and mother had flowers and flower beds everywhere when I was growing up. I love the smell of gardenias because of the one that grew just out the door of the playhouse. That is my favorite scent.

No comments: