Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Whirl Wind of Activies

I can't believe how fast the last two weeks have gone. It's just crazy.

Marty's Birthday, Mom's Birthday, Women's Walk to Emmaus #135, Hicks moving to Omaha and School n Scouts start next week.

Walk to Emmaus #135

If you haven't heard me talk about the walk to emmaus then you must not have heard my testimony about my faith and about Marty's and my decision to help start a new Methodist congregation in Cabot. The Walk to Emmaus was second of two major turning points on my faith walk and now I have oppurtunity to go back and work walks and be a servant of God for others as they take their piligrim walks.

I was lucky enough this time to work the walk with three of my best girl friends and my best best friend, Marty. Going back to work is such an awesome experience. It helps to refocus my life back on God because the activities of life pull me away so quickly.

This weekend I re-experienced His love in away that I have only found when I've been on a walk. Though I worked and am now physically exhausted, I'm so ready to go back and work. It was even better being there with Marty and the girls, but I found that I have so many wonderful people there that mean so much more to me then I will ever be able to tell them. Grace, Shelly, Lana, Rick, Joy, Chris, Veda, Vada, and the list could go on and on. These are wonderful people who I just can't wait to see again when I go back to the next walk. September seems like a very long time away.

I did get some very special news though, my friend Wendy is going to go on her piligrim walk in Oct. I'm so excite and can't wait to see her and then to talk to her about her walk. I wish I was working it. If I could take that much time off and they would let me, I think I would work every walk, but that isn't allowed for very good reason. I just so enjoy being a servant of God on those walks.

Corn Girl :(

As with every Emmaus Walk, you have to come back to reality on Monday. Sometimes it happens Tuesday or Wednesday but you do have to come back from that Mountain Top experinence. It's just the way it is.


It's no different this time but is more then just a bad day at work or a problem with the car or house. This time I got to come home each day to watch movers pack one of my best friend's house so that they could load her stuff into a truck and move her from here to Omaha, 10 hours away. No more quick hugs, no more lets go have dinner, no more "Hey can your run get the kids.". She's only a phone call, text message, facebook, blogspot away but it is still extremely painful. I'M NOT CRYING. I have vowed not to cry because God has a plan for her and her family and it's in Omaha at the moment and I support her family in this. I love God and trust Him but it is really hard to accept everything, I am only human here. Some think that I'm just crazy for not crying but to be honest - if this dam breaks it will be weeks before the flooding stops so it's best to keep the plug in it. It has almost broke all day but I'm still hanging in there.


Guess what I had for dinner in her honor? Well corn of course. Gonna have it tomorrow and the next day too. Why? Because I can. Good thing I like corn. I was teasing her yesterday about being corn girl and she started calling me rice girl because I work in the rice fields. So, here we are: Corn Girl and Rice Girl.

Okay, I'm done writing. Think I'll go climb in bed with a container of ice cream.